Every year, I make an Amazon list for family to use when buying Christmas gifts for our kids. I’ve seen so many moms posting on social media asking what Christmas gift to buy for X age so I thought I’d put together a list for the 2 age groups I know!
Now, I have boys so some of these things may not appeal to some girls, but most of these items are more gender neutral (and educational!).
- Learning Resources Wooden Pattern Blocks – These are an age old favorite and on the top of our Christmas list this year. The big kid used to play with these when he was in daycare and loved them!
Learning Advantage Pattern Block Activity Cards – What fun would having pattern block without the activity cards to play with? This set comes with 20 different patterns for your child to create with.
- Melissa & Doug Classic Wooden Peg Puzzles (Set of 3) Numbers, Alphabet, and Colors – I love pretty much everything Melissa & Doug. The big kid got these for Christmas one year and they still get played with almost daily by either him or little brother (or both!).
- Melissa & Doug Classic Wooden Figure Eight Train Set – Another Melissa & Doug! My boys love this train set. Along the way, we’ve added more wooden train tracks and have made some epic setups with daddy.
- Crayola Qwikflip 2-Sided Glow Easel – This easel has seen better days in our house, but is still used daily by the munchkins. The preschooler loves to work on his letters, create “maps” of unknown lands, and practice writing his name. Little brother loves to scribble on whatever big brother has created on it…
Again, my toddler is another boy so some of these items may not appeal to your child, but they are favorites around our house!
- Play-Doh – Now this could go under Preschooler as well, because who doesn’t like Play-Doh?! It is a favorite of the Toddler and Preschooler in our house. Although a favorite, this is definitely and activity that mommy has to sit in on and supervise, if you catch my drift!
Mickey and Minnie Learn and Grow Blocks – What toddler doesn’t love blocks and Mickey? These are a fun spin on your traditional wooden letter blocks. Little brother loves anything Mickey and anything blocks. Win win.
Melissa & Doug Disney Winnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse Wooden Chunky Puzzles Set – Ok, ok. It’s another Melissa & Doug product. I told you I love them, so you had fair warning! We got these puzzles for Christmas when The Big Kid was a toddler. They’re a little worse for wear now, but have been well played with for years by both kids!
First 100 Board Book Box Set – Both of my kids have LOVED these books! They are bright, colorful, and fun. The Preschooler will still sometimes pull these books out and “read” them to Little brother.
Mega Bloks 80-Piece Big Building Bag, Classic – These are another staple in our house! Both boys LOVE blocks, and these are easier for Little brother to build with than The Big Kid’s Lego Duplo Blocks. They can play these together too, which is most of the time a good idea… Lol
So there you have it! My top 5 picks for Christmas gifts for your toddler and/or preschooler. What are your kid’s favorites this year?